This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
- Read 20 minutes every day!
- If a child reads for 20 minutes every day, they are exposed to about 1.8 million words of text every year. That is 137 new words per minute!
- If families read together for 20 minutes a day, 7 days a week, they get more than 121 hours of bonding time every year!
- Many states use 3rd grade reading scores to predict the number of jail cells they might need in the future. (About 3 out of 5 prisoners in America are illiterate.)
- For every year you read with your child, average lifetime earnings increase by $50,000.
Find out about TN First Lady Crissy Haslam's READ20 Book Club
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
- Be Safe